Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

You Don't Need A Major Festival Premiere! TUGG Release Success Pt 2.

Hi everyone,
 
I hope your week is off to a great start!
 
There's a few clients I'm helping right now get sales agents for Cannes and split off North American VOD rights for themselves. One of the common denominators is that none of them have had a major festival premiere for their film, so we are planning TUGG theatrical tours to replace that, and in the process raise the profile of the film prior to submitting to sales agents and digital distributors.
 
Why bother with this extra step?
 
Because when you execute a theatrical tour (even a small one) you are essentially investing in the marketing of your film, and any distributor or sales agent will see the value of that and be more willing to work with you - because basically you are doing the hard work of marketing your film for them.
 
Case in point is what happened with the film Angels Perch. About six months ago I did an interview with the filmmakers Kim and JT where they were about halfway through their 75 city TUGG release, were almost at break-even for the tour, but hadn't yet started approaching distributors with all the buzz they'd created.
 
Fast forward to now where they not only completed the tour, but secured a Cable VOD premiere and wide digital distribution through Gravitas Ventures. 
 
To find out if they ended up profiting from their tour, and what their plan is to profit on the film itself, check out the most recent interview I did with them where they spill the beans on their final tally....
 
 
 
 

Would You Prefer Someone Else Release Your Film Theatrically For You?
 
One of the main objections I hear from filmmakers when coming to terms with all the work that a theatrical tour entails is - can't I just hand this over to someone else to do for me?
 
Well there's a handful of boutique theatrical distributors who still acquire independents even off the major festival circuit for certain types of films. You're not going to get rich with these deals (and in fact, sometimes you have to pay THEM), but there are outfits that exist that still release independents theatrically.
 
I compiled a small guide to these companies, complete with instructions on how to best approach them which FS members can access for free here:
 
 
 
 

48 Hours Left To Save $100 On Finance & Business Plan Accelerator
 
For those of you interested in guidance with your financing efforts and would like to work with me on getting a realistic Finance and Business Plan down, you can save $100on my upcoming Film Finance & Business Plan Accelerator for another 48 hours only.
 
There's only a small handful of seats left and we kick off next week. To learn more about this virtual program, just go here:
 
 
 
Here's what one of my previous students had to say....
 
"I didn't even suspect what I didn't know when I took the Film Specific Business Plan Bootcamp.  Sample business plans, sales charts, samples of "look books," and reliable revenue projections were invaluable tools.  During the course of the seminar, each component necessary to a well-written business plan was carefully explained.  And in the process of drafting a business plan, I was not only envisioning the process each step of the way, I was also asking myself if the claims I was making were realistic or whether my budget allowed for them.   Equally important, in re-listening to the sessions and working with the information, I acquired the requisite knowledge.  I'm eager for potential investors to ask me questions, because now I can answer with confidence." - Phyllis MacBride, Producer
 
Alright everyone, that's it for today. I hope you have a fabulous day ahead and I'll speak to you again soon!
 
To your success,
Stacey
------------------
-----------------


Film Specific LLC., 14431 Ventura Boulevard #615, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423

Unsubscribe | Change Subscriber Options

No comments:

Post a Comment