Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

HAPPY V-DAY TO ALL MY VIEWERS :)







Today, I was out and about in Philly enjoying the good weather. I had a few appointments in the downtown area this morning so I decided to walk a few blocks up to my next appointment. As I was walking, you know where the McDonald's is on Broad Street on Arch? Well, I see this long line of people and was wondering what were they giving away that all these folks were in line. I finally asked somebody what were the people standing outside for and when she told me they were going to see their PAROLE OFFICER ....I liked to died laughing...(I thought they were in line for free food)  I turned to this perfect stranger and said, "You kidding me?" and she said no they are all in line to see their P.O.  

Well, my first thought was 'AND YOU WONDER WHY RESPECT & MORALE IS AT A ALL-TIME LOW IN PHILADELPHIA?' Look how people are being treated. It looks like rehabilitation and reform just doesn't exists in our system. OK, yes, I agree, those standing in line committed some type of crime, are paying their time and now are being supervised. I get that! But what disturbs me is how they are being treated. You mean to tell me that in this big beautiful city of ours there are no buildings big enough to accommodate these individuals/returning citizens while having to visit their PO?  And the "POWERS TO BE" will continue to treat all of you in this manner until you start speaking up, or placing this on YouTube for NATIONAL ATTENTION....SOMETHING.... but just stop being a door mat! If I am complaining about seeing you in line; I can only imagine how you feel standing in it....WOW! And I can only imagine how the owner of McDonald's feel running a business and his customers have to look out the window and see that! One thing for sure doubt if they are "LOVIN IT!" Can someone please tell me if this is the norm in other cities or counties? I really would like to know.

Holla at your Girl,
Philly's Own Gossip Girl coming at ya :)







No comments:

Post a Comment