Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Philly's Own Gossip Girl on the "I don't know" syndrome


We are coming into the year of 2013 and I swear I don't want to hear "the i don't know" syndrome
  1. I didn't know my son was selling drugs. I was wondering how he was buying new clothes & stuff.
  2. I didn't know my daughter was having sex. Hell, I didn't know she was that into boys.
  3. I didn't know my son kept a gun in his room. I never seen that before
  4. I didn't know my child was not going to school. I send him out the house every morning.
  5. I didn't know my son was hanging with him; he's a menace 
  6. I didn't know by going to jail I was setting a path for my son to follow.
  7. I didn't know my kid was using drugs. I thought the red eyes were allergies & the slurring was IDK?
  8. I didn't know my son was doing home invasions. I thought he was just hanging out with his friends.
  9. I didn't know my child was in a gang
  10. I didn't know my child could not read. I work so the teachers mail the report card
  11. I didn't know the impact my domestic violence relationship had on my child
  12. I didn't know my child was having parties when we were out of town. We gave her everything
  13. I didn't know my child was carrying a weapon to school
  14. I didn't know my child was being bullied.
  15. I didn't know my child was bullying kids in and out of school
  16. I didn't know my child was that talented
  17. I didn't know my child like to read books
  18. I didn't know my boyfriend was molesting my child. He wouldn't do that; he loves me
  19. I didn't know my daughter was out here prostituting
  20. I didn't know my son was a stick up boy

For all of you parents with the "I don't know" syndrome. This film is created for you. To put that issue right smack in your face so it won't be room for denial.  You know it's a shame half these babies are in jail or dead. These children who have lost their life how much of it was the parent's fault for lack of parenting. And you know who you are.... cause the guilt got to be eating u up alive. And the ones sitting in jail you the parents need to be right there with them...... if you not already. And yes we know that happens: fathers in jail with their sons or mothers in jail with their daughter. What a generation after generation tradition to uphold! And you think you not responsible? That the blame should not be on you? Yea right! Now if we don't make an attempt to empower the young they will continually revolve in that cycle and follow in the doom footstep of their parents. So, get this all you "i don't know parents" It is your responsibility and your duty to know!!!!
Because contrary to your belief: PARENTING IS A RESPONSIBILITY & NOT A PRIVILEGED

Philly's Very Own Gossip Girl,
Hope to see you all Saturday at MECCA
xoxo
P.S. what "i don't know's" can you come up here....drop me a line or two

 

No comments:

Post a Comment